Thinking about joining an Executive Peer Group?
10 Questions to ask before you buy:
- Do members primarily renew because of the measurable business value they receive or do they feel they're held hostage by the friendships they've developed?
- Does the group have a focus and a methodology to help you dominate your marketplace while achieving a balanced lifestyle, or is it more about the idea of the month?
- Does the group restrict membership to true CEOs and business owners or does it offer membership to consultants and salespeople whose main agenda is to market their services?
- Can I participate on my terms or will I be required to pay for services I may not want or value, such as monthly coaching...forever?
- Does the group bring in outside speakers and educators to keep me informed of new business strategies and trends?
- If yes, are these speakers required to meet a strategic and thematic criteria proven to bring tangible business results, or will I be whipsawed by disconnected "motivational," topic-of-the-month or technique-based speakers?
- Does the program encourage your key leaders to participate in educational events as well as strategic workout sessions that promote their development and the execution of your ideas... at no additional cost?
- Does the program provide you and your team with a process to implement improvements to your strategic renewal, your customer acquisition and retention process or your desire to build a great place to work?
- Will the small group sessions focus on business issues and solutions or will an inordinate amount of time be spent "checking in" and talking about our feelings?
- What percentage of my membership fee goes to support a national franchise or infrastructure?